Saturday, April 16, 2011

I Regret Having Kids

Thank you to Facebook friend, Brian, for sending me a link to this humorous article called, The Story About the Baby, Epilogue. We can add it to our list of article by parents who regret having kids.  This article had me laughing out loud.

Because articles and internet posts written by parents who regret having kids (or simply hate being parents) are coming out at such a feverish pace, I decided that this blog post will serve as a central clearing house for such articles.  All of my previous blog posts on the subject are listed below with links and I will continue to update this list as I come across more articles.

Hate Being a Mom - Part 2

Mothers Spilling their Guts

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Secret Confessions of a Mom

More Bitching and a Little Backpedaling

Overwhelmed Parents Dump Their Kids

Kids' Impact on a Marriage - Right from the Mothers' Mouths

Honest Father:  Cad or Hero?

The Latest from the Regretful Moms

Another Installment from the Regretful Moms

More Regretful Moms Let Loose

50 Reasons to Not Have a Baby (written by a mom)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

AAAAAAAAA! I love that series.
As a regretful parent myself, I can totally relate to all the sarcasm and bitter humor there.
Here is a good one from 52nd week's article:
"My grandparents did give us an excellent reason to want another child: because the first one might die. Being an only child myself, I can appreciate the harsh but sensible rationale behind this argument. There is a very real and constant pressure that comes from knowing you are your parents’ only shot at posterity.
On the other hand, you really, really can’t tell the second kid that you had it so it could be your redundancy system. But, I figure, why hide it? I’ll name the next two kids “Backup”and “Backup 2” and be done with it."

Thanks for your blog Mandy!
A parent w/o backups.

CFVixen said...

OMG...Classic!

el lapiz said...

Have you ever done a search on Twitter for the hashtag Childfree?

The amount of parents in glee because they have either: a childfree hour, a childfree day, evening or week is intense. What I find sad is that they don't know what to do with themselves...

Christy said...

Yes, I think highly mobile ball of dopeyness sums it up. This did have me loling! Especially the part about OTHER people. So true. What is remarkable about this to me, is that it's really the first time that I have ever heard a parent admit that the chances of greatness for a child are most likely nil, and that parents should really merely hope for normalcy. This attitude needs to be made into a popular mantra and circulated the world over. Bumper stickers, even.

Nanjo said...

Oh, my god. I've been combing the archives and somehow missed this one, but I'm reading the whole "story of the baby" bit, and I am HOWLING with laughter. This is fantastic.

Unknown said...

i wish i could leave

Michelle Glauser said...

Want to add this one?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2303588/The-mother-says-having-children-biggest-regret-life.html