Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Quiet (and tasty) Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was a little different for us. Since I am estranged from my mom, we didn't attend the big family affair at my parents' house but instead had a quiet Thanksgiving at home, just the two of us.

I decided to make the best of the situation and have a full-blown Thanksgiving feast just for hubby and me. I cooked everything over a 4 day period, so as not to wear myself too thin doing everything in one day. It was actually really nice to have a quiet day at home. Because I have nothing else to write about today, I thought you might enjoy seeing my creations (have I told you I LOVE to cook?).

Here's what was on the menu:

Green bean salad with roasted peppers, julienned mushrooms and slivered almonds (from the LeBec Fin Cookbook)

Tofurkey with roasted vegetables and mushroom gravy

"Sausage" bread stuffing (I substituted vegetarian sausage) - recipe from the Pillsbury Cookbook

Sweet Potato Bake (from Paula Deen's Christmas Cookbook)

Classic Macaroni and Cheese (from my favorite cookbook, The New Best Recipe by Cooks Illustrated)

Apple Pie (from The New Best Recipe Cookbook)

Pumpkin Pie (from The New Best Recipe Cookbook)

(Needless to say we won't need to cook for the next week. )












After dinner chill.

4 comments:

CFVixen said...

GREAT PICTURES! Sounds like a very nice, romantic time.

Me said...

Looks scrumptious!

Childfreeeee said...

Thanks...it was a nice Thanksgiving, although half of that dinner went to my hips!

Insomniac Chef said...

Found your blog recently and was just paging through. Interesting that most of the CF couples I know (my husband and I are CF) are also vegetarians.