Friday, August 29, 2008

Childfree Folks in the Flesh

To all my childfree cyberspace friends,

Do you ever wonder what it would be like to meet childfree folks in person? Wouldn't it be great to have a circle of friends who you could hang out with who not only understand your choice to be childfree but are childfree themselves?

Today I am writing to pass on a wonderful discovery: Meetup.com If you are not familiar with Meetup, it is a web site whose sole mission is to bring together like-minded people by interest. And surprise of all surprises - "childfree" is one of the interests. Sign on and type "childfree" in the "topic or interest" box, type in your zip code and if you're lucky, a local childfree Meetup group will pop up which you can join (I did!) And then you can go out and meet other childfree people in the flesh and have all kinds of fun and interesting adventures together - none of which revolve around kids!

If there's no childfree Meetup group in your area, you can start one.

It's a beautiful thing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great Mandy. I'll check it out!

You should take my online Kidfree Survey, that over 2,300 CFs around the world have taken. Here's the link:
http://tinyurl.com/Kidfree-Survey

Kidfree Kaye (left coast)
www.kidfreeandlovinit.com

Childfreeeee said...

Thanks for the link, Kaye. I just completed the survey. I am looking forward to that book when it comes out.

Stepher said...

I just did - thanks for the idea! - and alas, there is no CF group in our area. Of course, living in the buckle of the Bible Belt I wasn't surprised.

I did find a very active Freethinkers group though so that sounds promising.

If I feel courageous enough I'll one day organize a local CF Meetup.

Please let us know when you join them for an event.